Sunday, May 16, 2010

Card Club Challenge Card


Our card club meets this Tuesday, unfortunately I won't be able to be there. I have class (sigh!). Each month at club Heidi from The Stamp Shoppe gives us a couple assignments. We get a sketch for inspiration and we also get a packet of supplies that we can do whatever we invision. This month I didn't get to the sketch, but I did do some playing with the packet of goodies we received. This month Heidi also asked that we use a summer theme and a nestability (or punch shape) somewhere on our card. Here's what I came up with. I love this ice cream cone image. It's a freebie I came across online. I wish I knew where I found it - I would certainly give the designer credit, but there was nothing on the file. Sorry, I just don't remember. I colored it in with my beloved copic markers. It was a little tricky to figure out how to get that twist cone look (I'm still a newbie with those), but I like the end result. Interesting that a food image would say "summer" to me. hahaha!
Heidi always gives us such pretty papers - her color choices are always so great. It really makes it easy to create. That daisy ribbon she included makes such a cool accent. The border punch is that huge Martha Stewart lattice works punch, but I only used the outside edge this time. I love the fancy tags nestie. Fun, fun fun. The word "Sweet" is a rub-on from K&Company. Every so often I still drag those out. I have tons, so it feels good to make use of them.
Still bummed that I can't attend club, but glad I got to play along.
Have a super week!
Joy

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card...I love your ice cream cone! I'm sorry you won't be able to be at club! I will miss you and Peggy! Soon school will be over and things will get back to normal again! Good Luck with Class and Have a great week! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete