Sunday, October 31, 2010

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month



Breast cancer has touched the lives of PK, Filly and I each in different ways, but it is a topic that is important to each of us. Research and prevention is a must. For that reason we decided to make some paper crafts to sell, with all proceeds going to breast cancer research. I had so much fun working these projects. PK, Filly and I got together to work on them, bounce ideas off each other, and had a whole lot fun together. They are such fun ladies. I always leave with a stomach ache from all the laughing we do. The fact that we were making everything for such a good cause, made it all even more special.

These are the treats I took to my workplace and had for sale in the office breakroom. The 1st photo is the whole spread of merchandise. In the 2nd photo you can see some gift card holders. These are made using instructions from Kristina Werner on the 2 Peas web site. The last photo is of some purses I made using the Top Note Purse instructions over at Becky Roberts blog, Inking Idaho.

The response was wonderful!!! Everyone was soooo generous and the words of support for what we had done was so uplifting. Over $150 was raised for breast cancer research.

Thanks for all your help PK and Filly! Maybe PK will some photos from her sale?




No comments:

Post a Comment