Saturday, June 12, 2010

Card Club Challenge Card



Again, this month, I won't be able to make it to card club, but I still like to participate in the challenge, if I get a chance. Our requirements this month were to make something manly and to distress it. This was not
hard to do with the materials we received. In fact, I didn't even read the instructions until after I had completed the card, so these materials were pretty naturally manly.
I love this image - reminds me of the old pick-up truck my Dad drove when I was a kid. It was supposed to be maroon, but it was more of a purple color with domed hub caps. I can remember riding with my Dad to the feedmill in Rosholt - being as proud as could be to be out with my Dad. Sometimes I was even able to talk him into buying an ice cream bar at the grocery store. A pretty cool memory to have. I miss my Dad, especially at Father's Day.
For the accents, I punched two 1 1/2" circles that I crinckled and wrinkled, then pierced around the edge for some faux stitching. I folded one over the top and the other over the bottom and strung them together with the suede ribbon and the eyelets that were in our kit. Of course, I distressed the edges. I made a point of finishing off the inside as well.
Have a great Father's Day!
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment